[3830] CaQP N8II Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CaQP N8II Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 11:37:20 -0700
                    California QSO Party

Call: N8II
Operator(s): N8II
Station: N8II

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: WV
Operating Time (hrs): ~12

  160:    0      0
   80:    0      0
   40:   34     14
   20:   72    186
   15:   56     81
   10:   60    180
    6:    0      0
    2:    0      0
--------------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

My first serious effort at CQP and first time I've really gotten enthused.
 I had some nice runs on 10 M and 20 M SSB with many serial numbers less than
 # 10 worked. Running on CW was not worth it; just not quite enough in the
 way of casual ops there. 10M was a very pleasant surprise with some really
 big signals; N6BT/M was S9+25db. 15 M seemed to be in a funk after 10 M
 opened Saturday with many signals only S1-S3. I couldn't run anyone to speak
 of there and kept being beaten by everyone everywhere when I tried S&P. So,
 I had to concetrate on 10 and 20 where sigs were much louder. Sunday morning
 15M was very slow to open and I managed to run a few before 10M opened. I
 feared 10 would not open at all with the slow MUF rise to 15, but it was
 wide open by 1740Z.
   What's rare to one is easy for the other, I worked 3 stations in Alpine
 Co., 2 were rovers and had 57 by about 24Z Saturday, but I was still missing
 Kings Co. well into the next morning. I thought I wasn't going to find it
 when K6RTC answered my CQ on 10M and gave me #5, bless you!
   I have a new excuse for poor performance, the pumpkin patch. My daughter
 works at Jumbo's Pumpkin Patch and I had promised to take the family over
 Sunday afternoon, so my last QSO was 1845Z. For Left Coasters unfamiliar
 with a pumpkin patch, it is a fall festival selling pumpkins, crafts, trips
 thru a corn maze, pony rides, food, flowers and anything else not tied down,
 Hi!