[3830] CQWW SSB UA9CDC SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB UA9CDC SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 09:37:14 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: UA9CDC
Operator(s): UA9CDC
Station: UA9CDC

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Ekaterinburg
Operating Time (hrs): 34

  160:   35     5       14
   80:  194    10       40
   40:  149    14       55
   20:  670    37       96
   15:  676    26       98
   10:  494    26       85
------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

IC-765, 1kW PA,A3S tribander and wires for 40-80-160, TRlog software.
I was just going to have fun part time in between other things during the
weekend but conditions were so good that I have found myself operating full 34
hours out of 48. 40-80-160 were so noisy here in the city so I did not bother
much. 10 meters was a pleasant surprise despite of yet again 5S units local
noise.
The most unpleasant contact was with HS0/IK4MRH who was calling cq on 20m giving
his call as "Hotel Sierra Zero slash Ay Key Four Am R Atch ". I called him and
having got zone number from him asked him to give me his call phonetically. He
immediately burst out with a lot of insulting words about stupid people asking
him to repeat his call sign which he gives out in clear English and immediately
started to call CQ with his recorder the same way he did before. Well, he
spoiled my mood indeed. I had much better opinion about Italian operators before
I met this guy.
Anyway that was very nice weekend and I do hope that conditions are as good on
CW weekend. We plan to go to 8Q7 as M/S with 6 ops and need good conditions
there.