[3830] CQWW SSB KQ3F M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kq3f@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB KQ3F M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 15:37:21 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: KQ3F
Operator(s): KC3WX, KQ3F
Station: KQ3F

Class: M/S HP
QTH: PA
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:    7     4        4
   80:  103    15       55
   40:  189    24       89
   20:  664    39      132
   15:  703    34      124
   10:  622    29      116
------------------------------

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

First time doing M/S.  What an incredibly civilized way to contest!  You get to
spend time away from the radio.

I've seen ads on CNN for some moving firm named "Two Men and a Truck" (no
financial interest).  Well, this was "Two Dopes and a Rig".  The best part of
this was that my partner was my youngest brother Steve, KC3WX.  Our preparations
were extensive.  "Hey, you wanna come down here and operate?".  "OK".  Pretty
much it.  It was also an easy sell to my wife, since she actually knew the other
guy banging around the house.  Steve is also an excellent operator, as I'd
always come back from a sleep break amazed at what he'd accomplished.

A few firsts.  First time over 4 meg (OK, M/S vs. SOA, but who cares).  First
time to post a 48 hour op time (I think being brothers gave us some instinctive
cooperation ability on that).  39 zones on 20 (never a zone 22 when you need
one).  And probably some other stuff I can't remember.

It was fun, hope we can do it again.

Rig:  756PROII
Amp:  L4B
Ant:  TH7DX @ 55', 2 el 40m beam @ 63', 80m inv vee @ 55', 160m inv L @ 55'.