[3830] CQWW SSB VO1MP SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB VO1MP SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 16:25:02 -0800

CQ WORLD WIDE DX CONTEST -- 2004

  Call:      VO1MP
  Category:  Single Operator
  Power:     High Power
  Band:      All Band
  Mode:      SSB
  Country:   Canada
  Zone:      05

  BAND QSO   QSO PTS  PTS/QSO   ZONES COUNTRIES
   160   50   133  2.66   8  31
    80  233   671  2.88  13  55
    40  382   998  2.61  18  70
    20 1146  3118  2.72  28 103
    15 1213  3372  2.78  27 106
    10 1034  2947  2.85  24 106
   ------------------------------
     4058  11239  2.77  118  471 => 6,619,771

All reports sent were 59, unless otherwise noted.

Equipment Description:
 Rigs = 2 X  Yaesu FT 1000 MP Field
 Amps = Alpha 78 & SB220
 Antennae:
  TOWER 1  10/15/20   X7 Cushcraft @ 65 FEET
  TOWER 2  15 METERS  5 element OWA a la  VO1MP
  TOWER 3  10 METERS  5 element OWA a la  VO1MP
  TOWER 4  40/80/160  DIPOLES

  Soap Box :

  Conditions on 10 were super from here
  considering where we are supposed to be in the solar
  cycle  !
  Am sure conditions must have been better
  further south ..... am slowly getting organized as SO2R
  as the bits and pieces start arriving so that should
  be another interesting challenge ....
  CT Log indicates that  operating time was about 34 hours
  but think I managed to really stay awake for about 37 or 38
 ( that was awake  not necessarily alert ! ).
  Was extremely pleased at the performance of both my computer
  designed and  Home built  OWAs.. they played beautifully and
  seemed to outperform the home made monobanders I had used previously .
  I guess a 20 meter version is now in the planning phase hi !
  Not sure where SO2R can fit into operating under these superb
  conditions....  had 18 of the 34  hours at over 100 per hour
   6 over 200 .. peak 280
   5 from 150 to 200
   7 from 100 to 150
   I guess it's an acquired skill or mebbe it's genetic with those
   who excel at it hi !
   Towards the end of the contest I looked often at the super combo keyer
   on the shelf beside me ( not hooked up )
   cleared my throat and wondered why I'm working so hard.
   Ice filters arrived today so I should get slowly re-organized hi !
   Now to get ready for sweepstakes ....
   73 Thanks for all the Q's
   C'Y'ALL next one GLWCDR
   Gus