[3830] CQWW SSB W3CF SOAB(A) LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, Doug@W3cf.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB W3CF SOAB(A) LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 18:59:44 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: W3CF
Operator(s): W3CF
Station: W3CF

Class: SOAB(A) LP
QTH: Porker City
Operating Time (hrs): 33:19

  160:    4     3        2
   80:    4     3        3
   40:  116    16       65
   20:  387    30      118
   15:  465    33      120
   10:  544    28      121
------------------------------

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

Couldn't keep a run going anywhere but had success just running packet
 spots, though I had to be a pain in the patooty to get heard. Sorry if I
offended anyone. 4Q's on top b and were made with coax feeding the Mosley
Pro67.
4 Q's on 80m rotatable dipole that replaced an inverted vee that didnt play very
well either. Antennas are Pro 67, 10-40 @60' and F12 EF-180B at 64'.
I imagine my UBN will suffer a bit but had never done this contest from home. Ya
sure get spoiled in Caribbean :-( but made 500,000 more points for personal
points account from home than last year from V26DX. Hmmmmm.....(When you
average $3K for a Dxpedition/Vacation I am slowly starting to believe in the
K3WW theory, STAY HOME!)
I LOVE Write Log and the Fkey add on module. Wireless mouse and wireless
keyboard make contesting a lot easier, entire contest mouse driven...point
and click. Asked Santa for that automatic rotor control board for the rotor
so entire process is automatic. The learning curve in Write Log takes ya
about a year to travel but to this humble correspondent, it is light years
ahead of anything out there in its ergonomic adjustability. In short, Write
Log rocks and the support globally is spectacular. It allows an old never was to
have an awesome time contesting.

Was really disappointed with F-12 EF-180b performance, or lack thereof.....I
have it above the Mosley at about 60'. Bought it used with hope of major
improvement but I dont have something set right. It resonates at about 3650 and
switching the switches in  the remote relay box had little effect. Back to the
drawing board.
See you in a month!