[3830] CQWW SSB K5PTC(@N1LN) M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n1ln@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB K5PTC(@N1LN) M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 19:13:55 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: K5PTC
Operator(s): N1YXU, K5NZ, K5GA, W5SB, K7LEX, W5MF, K5UO, KD5ZLU, K5GQ, NM5G,
N1LN
Station: N1LN

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Texas
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:   18     8       14
   80:   84    16       55
   40:  244    26       95
   20:  454    37      128
   15:  628    38      131
   10:  593    31      130
------------------------------

Club: Pesky Texan Contesters

Comments:

How were we so fortunate to have 10 mtrs and 15 mtrs open during the contest?
As with most entries that I have read so far 10 and 15 were indeed the most
active and the top performers. Those BIG GUN scores certainly reflect the great
conditions.  Sure made the contest fun and I hope the trend continues for CQ-WW
CW.

I decided to use this opportunity (low in the sun spot cycle) to give some new
contesters the opportunity to try out operating in a contest to see if they
might want to be part of future M/S and M/M teams.  Well, we may be low in the
cycle, but conditions were sure HIGH!!!   I would like to thank Mike (K5NZ) and
Bill (K5GA) for helping me with the training.  I have been operating with them
for years and I consider myself still working my way up the learning curve.
When they weren't training they were running up the score.  GREAT JOB GUYS !!

Don't look now, but I think there is one ham that is getting hooked on
contesting.  My wife Laurie, N1YXU, has now participated in two contests.  First
in our M/M entry for TQP and now this past weekend.  She worked a few shifts
throughout the weekend doing some running on 20 mtr as well as 10 mtr and 15 mtr
mult chasing.  Let's see - if we have two hams in the family and both are
contesters.... well, that must be worth a few $$ more for investing in the
station :-))

It is now time to reconfigure the station for another attempt at SO2R in
Sweepstakes this coming weekend.   Let me pre-apologize for the bumbling I will
surely do as I try to get the hang of it.

73,
Bruce - N1LN
(K5PTC - Pesky Texan Contesters)