[3830] CQWW SSB OE4A(OE1EMS) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB OE4A(OE1EMS) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2004 01:25:58 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: OE4A
Operator(s): OE1EMS
Station: OE4A

Class: SOAB HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 45
Radios: SO2R

  160:   87     9       49
   80:  402    17       77
   40:  573    30      105
   20: 1447    38      128
   15: 1553    40      143
   10: 1144    36      142
------------------------------

Club: BHCC

Comments:

wooooow!!!
i dont know where to start......?

this was 1st real SOAB contest operation from "new" QTH and new antenna
setup......
hardware setup was ready just few hours before contest start.....
i operated last year from this QTH in WW DX 15m CW and after that i (we) decide
it to build it up for multi band operating.....
traget was more as 4000 QSO´s and over 6 mil points.....new OE Record

i start contest on 20m and after 2 hours i made more as 400 QSO´s .....
spend rest of the night on 160 80 and 40
after avarage rates on low bands and i start on 20 for 1 hour and than QSY to 10
and 15. good condx to asia and afrika and not so high rates  give the time to
searching with second radio for many mult´s
opening on 15 and 10 to NA and SA was excelent where i stayed till 18:00
UTC....i had all the time huge pileup´s from NA and SA and lost allmost my
voice....so next few hours was very hard....i could´t speak any more and after
few hours searchung for multi´s(23:00) i decide to make a break...i lost my
voice......
in first 24 hours i had 2750 QSO´s in log....not bad
after 3 hours of sleep i was in much better shape and i contniue
with low bands till 06:00 .......i tryed 20m but rate was not so good  and after
1 hours i qsy to 15m...this time nice opening to Asia.....so i stayed
to long on 15 and miss 10m opening to JA.....
anyway after few short switching between 15 and 10 i decide to try 20m again
i had there low nummbers of qso´s and not much mult´s
20m was super.....JA was allredy there( i did´t excpect that) and EU was open to
and i worked also time to time NA stations of course after 1 or 2 hours NA was
load to......i stayed there for few hours and improved my qso nr and mult´s to.
of course i left about 13:00 UTC to 15 nad 10.....again huge pileup´s from NA
and SA
10m was a bit of noice after switching from 10 to 15 i stayed for very long time
on 15m...maybe to long....
i was allready very very tired and loosing my voice again but then i heard i´m
just few 100 QSO´s under OE2S and OM8A (both of them M/S) i get more energy to
continue. thanks to S58A and S59A they give me with their comments also more
power and reasons to continue.... i was allready on 8 mil points.....
"just go on you can reach 10 mil...." comments from S58A
i never think about 10 mil points ?!.....but i know GIO0KOW is EU record
holder
with 10.4 mil......
when i back to 20m i had only 1 or 1,5 hour good condx and band was dead
no more NA stations...only few SA where there..... so i tryed now 40m
i was missing a lot on this band.....rate was not so high but many mult´s
where there (mostly europe) low rates give also chance to work on other bands
more mult´s......
i realise there will be no more high rates with 3 poits qso´s and allmost
till end of contest i was jumping from 160-20 looking for mult´s
i was running for some time ASIA and NA on 40m.....
setup was working excelent but i need some improvemnts on low bands
160m antenna was on wrong place(end of antenna was just 10cm from telefon
line)....i make to much RFI to local telefon network with high power so i
operated most of the time with 100W on 160m.....
few time i switch AMP on to wrok a mult
congrats to GI1W on his big score.....he told me about 1 hours beefore contest
end he had 6500 qso´s and over 10 mil..... :((

anyway i want to thanks everybody who give me support.....
many thanks Walter OE1WWA and Wolfgang OE3WLB they did incredilbe work
and make my(OUR) setup working excellent.....
thanks to Rainer OE1RLC for his support...rainer you are realy good guy ;)
thanks to OE8SKQ and OE8KDK for help.....
thanks to OE1SZW for second FT-1000MP!

Thanks for qso´s and CU in CQWW CW (M/S)

73 es best dx
Braco OE1EMS
OE4A

Equipment:
160m inverted V @ 20m
80m Dipol @25m
40m 3 el yagi @ 20m
40m dipol @ 15m
20m 4 el yagi @ 18m
15m 5 el yagi @ 25m
10m 5 el yagi @ 13m
20m/15m/10m Optibeam OB16-3 @ 25m
all antenna are on 2 towers and rotating with saparate rotator

2 x FT-1000MP
3 x homemade self tunning amp´s
2 x ICE BPF 419A
Homemade sixpack, antennaswitch´s, powerspliter´s, stubs .....
SO2R Master by Array Solutions
Writelog and ACER Laptop
everything was fully automatic.....