[3830] CQWW SSB LY4XX(@LY1PM) SOAB QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB LY4XX(@LY1PM) SOAB QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2004 00:04:07 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: LY4XX
Operator(s): LY4XX
Station: LY1PM

Class: SOAB QRP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 41

  160:   65     4       27
   80:  112     5       39
   40:  136    15       59
   20:  252    25       90
   15:  262    27       80
   10:  179    28       77
------------------------------
Total: 1006   104      372  Total Score = 871,080

Club: LCG

Comments:

First of all I'd like to thank everyone who picked me up in the very busy bands.
Friday started good with light rain and lite wind so I have had a good chance to
tune low band antennas from CW to SSB band. Everything goes fine without any
troubles and I was quite sutisfied with measures I have done. After some relax I
tryed to talk to locals on 80m. band and found out that my reception is bad and
station 100km. away from me read me with very big problems and antenna tuner
trying to do something... Finaly I found that I lost one part of my Inverted
Vee... And then I have made a wrong decision - I decided to stay in the contest
only with wire vertical and got so many problems especialy with southern Europe
- every QSO was like a magic. Another mistake - I spent too much time to work
multipliers so I lost number of QSOs and I'm not sure do worked mults will
compensate this lost.
But I'm very satisfied with final result and number of gud DX I was lucky to
work with QRP. Also thanks to Mother Nature for a wonderfull 10 meters band on
Sunday - that was fantastic!
Thanks ones again and I hope to see you in CW part QRP or LP with two radios
from this side.
Equipment : Icom IC-756, tuned to 5W output power.
Antennas : 160m - Inverted Vee @ 25mH; 80m - wire vertical; 40m - 4 el. yagi @
32mH; 20/15/10 - 3 x KT34XA on 42mH rotary mast + KT34XA @22 mH.

73, Remi LY4XX / LY2MW