[3830] CQWW SSB P49Y(AE6Y) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, andrew.faber@gte.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB P49Y(AE6Y) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2004 07:58:20 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: P49Y
Operator(s): AE6Y
Station: P49Y

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Aruba
Operating Time (hrs): 41
Radios: SO2R

  160:   76     7       18
   80:  256    15       45
   40:  413    18       67
   20: 1646    30       96
   15: 2084    27      103
   10: 2383    28       89
------------------------------

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

This was my first ever CQWW, and boy, do I have a lot to learn -- especially
about looking for, and moving, mults.  The contest started very slowly, but
picked up steam as it went along. Our new SO2R setup worked well, but I didn't
take much advantage of it, as it seemed to take too much concentration just to
use the main radio amidst the QRM and low band QRN.
  As usual, Aruba is a friendly place to contest and enjoy the company of fellow
contesters, including P43P, P43E, P43L, P43A, P40A (KK9A) and P40W(W2GD).
  73 and thanks for all the Qs, Andy, AE6Y, P49Y

Rig: FT1000D x2, Alpha 87A, 86.
Ant: 2 el 40, 4 el 20, 15, 10, C31XR, inv vees for 80/160
Software: CQPWIN ver. 10.1.