[3830] SS CW K0HB Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, K-ZERO-HB@earthlink.net
Subject: [3830] SS CW K0HB Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2004 16:42:01 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: K0HB
Operator(s): K0HB
Station: K0HB

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Minnesota
Operating Time (hrs): 18

------------
  160:    0
   80:  195
   40:  207
   20:  374
   15:   94
   10:    7
------------

Club: Minnesota Wireless Association

Comments:

A tale of two contests!

Started out like gang busters. Scouting the bands before the bell I came
across VY1JA handing out "placeholder" reports on 10M, so lurked there and
put NT in the log as the 1st QSO. How much better can it be than that?

Then followed several good hours on 20 & 40, retreating down to 80M about
midnight. At break time I had a nice fat log, including 79-mults (missing
VE4).

Hit the bands again at 1400Z, and found Derrick VE4VV on 20 to open the
morning
with my sweep in the bag, and started the day with some nice (for Sunday
morning) runs on 20 & 15.

"HEY", sez I, "this may be my year!"

Alas it was not to be.

At around 1600Z things just collapsed, with only 15 showing much life.
Conditions fluctuated from bad to poor to fair to horrible the rest of the
morning and all afternoon for me. At BIC=18-hours I decided I'd had more
fun than I could stand, so I sent in my log.

CU in two weeks!

73, de Hans, K0HB