[3830] SS CW AE6Y Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, andrew.faber@gte.net
Subject: [3830] SS CW AE6Y Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2004 21:51:59 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: AE6Y
Operator(s): AE6Y
Station: AE6Y

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: SCV
Operating Time (hrs): 13:30
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:
   80:   59
   40:  248
   20:  155
   15:  248
   10:   90
------------

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

After an all-out effort in CQWW as P49Y last weekend, I couldn't justify more
than about a part-time push in SS CW.  A couple of interesting highlights:
  1) I went to 40 meters before 0100Z on Saturday, while there was still well
over an hour of daylight left here.  It was in fabulous shape, quiet and open
all over US/VE.  Often that early we can hear the East Coast but not be heard,
but this time there was no problem, and the band (and 80) stayed quiet for many
hours.
  2) This is my first year of real SO2R, with full filters, etc.  It was very
valuable in finding mults, and later in just looking for Qs on another band. As
a result, I had many mults early, including a sweep of all Canadian mults in the
first 2 1/2 hours.  I knew I was going to make it when my last two needed
Saturday night were SB and LAX.  Then I worked N6VR in SB, and the last mult
was....LAX!  I have spent whole contests searching for MAR or PAC, but LAX???
  73, Andy, AE6Y