[3830] SS CW WT1L(@KK1L) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wt1l@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] SS CW WT1L(@KK1L) Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2004 17:28:17 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: WT1L
Operator(s): WT1L
Station: KK1L

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: VT
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:
   80:  190
   40:  216
   20:  361
   15:  177
   10:    4
------------

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

My first serious effort at SS CW.  Thanks to all who put up with my "slow" 25WPM
and requests for fills.  Mega Thanks to Ron KK1L who generously let me operate
from his superstation.

Missed the sweep by VE8 and KH6.  Didn't hear either one.  Should have looked
harder on Saturday/early Sunday before the bands tanked.  I'm sure there must
have been a KH6 calling CQ.  By the time I hit crisis mode to get the mults,
conditions had gone to "terrible."  The last 4 hours on Sunday were
excruciating.  Everyone sounded like they were under water!  I figured it was
some serious aurora, and sure enough when I got outside after the contest there
it was!  Beautiful, but not good for radio.

Look out K1KI and AK1W -- I'm learning the ropes :)
73,
Chris WT1L