[3830] SS CW N4OGW Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, tclay@netdoor.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW N4OGW Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2004 20:23:01 -0800

  radios: two Elecraft K2/100
  amps: AL-1500, SB-1000

  all antennas in trees:

  80: dipole
  40: two dipoles, 2 el wire beam west
  20: two Force 12 EF-420, one NE @ 45', one NW @ 45'
  15: two el quad west, 6 el yagi @ 30' NE
  10: dipole

 A solar surprise is getting to be the norm on SSCW sunday afternoon...

 First time for me to try SSCW running high power. Only gave me about 100
 more qso's than last year, but this was the first time I've gotten a sweep.
 Bands went wayyyy long early in the evening compared to last year. Both
 east and west coasts were pounding in on 15m, but as usual could never get a
run
 started on 15. Never even bothered to check 10m. Best rate (~100 hour)
 came on Sat night when I first went to 80m and got  what must have been
 a packet pileup.

 I have been working on putting up two towers here. Unfortunately they were not

 ready in time for SS, but I had a bunch of yagis sitting around on the
 ground that I didn't want to go to waste. I was able to hoist some
 yagis up into the pine trees here for the contest! Seemed to work great-
 for once I felt really loud on 20, although  of course they were not
rotatable.

 Only worked one other MS station.