[3830] SS CW W7CT Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k5kg@arrl.net, w7ct@earthlink.net,fcg@kkn.net
Subject: [3830] SS CW W7CT Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2004 21:04:58 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: W7CT
Operator(s): W7CT, K5KG
Station: W7CT

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: UT
Operating Time (hrs): 24

------------
  160:    0
   80:  112
   40:  405
   20:  256
   15:  207
   10:   66
------------

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

Condx were not what we hoped for, but we had fun anyway.  Ran a single Mark V
Field with an Acom 1000.  Station played well with no problems.  10m opening on
Saturday was a pleasant surprise. 15 and 20 played well, but 40 was the money
band as expected. 10m was open on Sunday, but yield was poor.  Sigs late
afternoon Sunday developed a strange buzz, no doubt due to the flares that were
underway.

Last section worked was PAC.  Managed to bag KH6LC on 15m on Sunday morning.  We
heard him answer a CQ'ing station, so when they were finished, we went up 2 kHz
and called him several times; amazingly, he came back to our blind call. Sweet!

QRP'ers are a persistent breed, and you have to admire their tenacity.  Some of
those QRP sigs are so weak, you wonder how you can really work them, but you
do.
Unquestionably, K4XS was the strongest QRP'er.  Go figure.

Jim, W7CT, is a great host, and his stories lifetime of contest stories are
neverending!  We split the operating time about 50/50.

73, George, K5KG/7