[3830] SS CW K8BL Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k8bl@ameritech.net
Subject: [3830] SS CW K8BL Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 18:44:10 -0800

       80      221      442        -
       40      225      450        -
       20       69      138        -
       15      207      414        -
       10       55      110        -
     -----------------------------------

     Totals    777     1554       80

               Score:  124,320

Power Output:  150 watts     Hours of operation:  20

Equipment Description:  ICOM IC-775DSP
 ANT's: 80 INV V; 40 Coaxial INV V; 20/15/10 4 El TET Tribander (old!)
 Height= 50 Ft.

Club Affiliation: NORTH COAST CONTESTERS

                             Signature ___Bob Liddy -K8BL____

           MAILING ADDRESS:

               BOB LIDDY  K8BL
               7234 ENFIELD DRIVE
               MENTOR, OH 44060

COMMENTS: Contest was going pretty good until the Solar Event Sunday
AM.
Clean Sweep came fairly early (405th Q) and it finally was PAC! Prop
was
decent for VY1 for a change and the NL section was plentiful for once.
Strangely enough, I worked all the most distant Sections (AK/PAC/PR/VI
&
/NL) on 40M. The VY1 was on 10M as usual. Then the Aurora developed on
Sunday evening and Q's became hard to come by. Seemed like the casual
operators threw in the towel and all I seemed to hear were the veteran
stations CQ'ing non-stop with relatively few responses. With 3 hours
left, I decided to take a break from listening to the watery signals
to check out the football game and never came back. The Q numbers I
was hearing appeared to be a lot lower than in past years. Don't know
if it was Condx, less CW operators these days, our average age getting
to us, lack of interest, or what. Worked hardly any S class stations.
Still, my favorite Contest by far! Hpe to C U in SS/PH!!