[3830] SS SSB W0AH Single Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SS SSB W0AH Single Op QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2004 19:16:42 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: W0AH
Operator(s): W0AH
Station: W0AH

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: CO
Operating Time (hrs): 24

------------
  160:
   80:   61
   40:   80
   20:  203
   15:  284
   10:   30
------------

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Comments:

Sweep!!!  Worked 3 NT and had a long chat with Jay, VY1JA/QRP to QRP.  Some
years (like last year with 100W) I didn't work a single NT!  This was the 10
year anniversary of my best SS results, 3rd QRP in 1994, so I decided to try and
operate the whole 24 hours and do as well.  Last year I was 7th LP, so we'll
see.  It was also probably my last SS at this fantastic hilltop location.  In
1994, my score was 111,568 as W2CRS (old call)at same location, so I did better
then with fewer towers and antennas. Were conditions better then?
This was the first contest in which I had the computer reading and controlling
the frequency through the serial port, which I wish I'd done years ago.  It made
it possible to use the contest search and pounce memories and that made a big
difference.  I also spent more time running stations (or trying to) then I've
ever done QRP in the past.    The house, on  a 5 acre hilltop with 6 towers, and
a beautiful view of Pikes Peak goes on the market soon.  But not before I
operate the CQWW, 10M, and 160M contests coming up.  Thanks for the Q's, the
memories, and your good ears.
Doug W0AH