[3830] SS SSB W4NF(@W4RM) SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w4nf@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] SS SSB W4NF(@W4RM) SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 06:19:15 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: W4NF
Operator(s): W4NF
Station: W4RM

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:
   80:  657
   40:  326
   20:  262
   15:  284
   10:   11
------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Thanks again to my brother Bill (W4RM) and his wife Lori for letting me play
radio all weekend from their house.  My runs this year were not as fast and
furious as last year and I really worked the SO2R setup that Bill and I
configured from his normal MultiTwo setup.  All equipment played well with no
visits from Murphy.  I went to sleep after 11.5 hours with 946 Qs and 77 mults.
I still needed PR (I knew Rich would be easy to work), NT and KL7.  NT was easy
with VY1JA found CQing with no takers and VY1MB with a good signal early Sunday
afternoon.  Alaska was the last hold out and I took my Sunday dinner break at
2200Z still needing KL7.  Billy questioned my ability to complete the sweep but
I assured him I would find one after dinner.  Within about 5 minutes of getting
back on for the last 4 hours I found Alaska on 20 Meters via the second radio.
SWEEP!  BTW the first 7 hours of this contest are really fun - I had 692 Qs in
the first 7 hours for a 98.9 Q/Hr average.  Now that's just fun.  The last 17
hours of the contest I averaged 49.8 Qs/Hr which does not set my hair on fire.
Still its a great contest and a lot of fun.  Thanks for all the Qs.  Now for
Thanksgiving and Deer Season.  73, Jack W4NF