[3830] SS SSB W1VE(@K1IR) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, gerry@w1ve.com
Subject: [3830] SS SSB W1VE(@K1IR) Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 06:30:57 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: W1VE
Operator(s): W1VE
Station: K1IR

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: EMA
Operating Time (hrs): 23.5
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:    0
   80:  160
   40:  946
   20:  269
   15:  161
   10:    7
------------

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Thanks to Jim, K1IR, for the use of his top-notch 1-tower station.  I've named
Jim's new 40m 4L Optibeam @ 90' "the dominator!"   Incredible runs on 40m --
great to keep the rate >=100 for first 11 hours of the contest!   Did not worry
about mults until mid-Sunday, and it bit me again.  I searched quite a bit for
the territories but NIL heard at all.  Last mult was VE2.

I was using an Orion as the run radio and an IC781 for the second radio.  The
Orion is the first radio I've heard that seems to have a perceived "Z axis".
While running on 40m, I could hear the QRM, but the stations on frequency seemed
to "stand in front" of the QRM.   I also noticed that my fatigue level was low
while listening to the radio for a long time.

Looking forward to a great CQWW CW from K1IR!