[3830] SS SSB K1DG Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SS SSB K1DG Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 16:48:12 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: K1DG
Operator(s): K1DG
Station: K1DG

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: NH
Operating Time (hrs): 5

------------
  160:
   80:  173
   40:  121
   20:   37
   15:  117
   10:
------------

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Too tired after returning from a business trip to consider a full-time effort.
Decided Sunday around 2100Z that I'd at least to go for a sweep if I could find
a VY1. KD6WW/VY0 was booming in on 20, so I worked him and I was committed.
Naturally, 3 more VY1s called in later on 15. NM was the tough one. I had a nice
pileup going on 40, pausing every 5 QSOs or so to ask for NM. After about an
hour, NA5S called in to give me the mult saying he saw W9TN spot me on packet
noting that I needed NM. I do not know W9TN, we are not members of the same
club, so don't restart the "cheerleader" thread, OK? (TN - I owe you a beer at
Dayton...). That was #78. Took me about 10 minutes to find an EPA on 75M (over
an hour of CQing there earlier produced none!), then a quick QSY to 20M with the
beam turned South to find WP3R for the sweep. Never dreamed I'd see the day when
VY1s and VOs (worked 2) were more plentiful than EPA.

73,

Doug K1DG