[3830] SS SSB K2NNY Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, paul@ProHomeInspector.net
Subject: [3830] SS SSB K2NNY Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 06:20:38 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: K2NNY
Operator(s): K2DB  W1TY  AF2K  N1OKL  W1TY  N2JVB  N2OPW  KA2IYB  NF2L  K2CS
N2TWI  & RAYMOND
Station: K2NNY

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: NNY
Operating Time (hrs): 24

------------
  160:    0
   80:  506
   40:  224
   20:  211
   15:  200
   10:    8
------------

Club: Rochester (NY) DX Assn

Comments:

SOAPBOX: As you can see, we had quite a crowd at K2NNY
SOAPBOX:  this year. All of us are there for a couple of
SOAPBOX: reasons on this yearly event, to get the SWEEP
SOAPBOX: and to have a fun time social event, and gastromic
SOAPBOX:  extravaganza. Yes we eat very well due to our
SOAPBOX: "Chief Cook & Bottlewasher - Kevin N2VJB". We all
SOAPBOX: give Kevin $15 and eat, and eat, and eat some more.
SOAPBOX: This year, we were sick of having RF feedback
SOAPBOX: problems, so we put quite a bit of effort into grounding,
SOAPBOX: a new RigBlaster Pro, Write-log with Voice Keying
SOAPBOX: (yeh, a little choppy, but we will get it better), better
SOAPBOX: antennas, etc. All in all we had a blast. WE had a nice
SOAPBOX: sweep, and gave the other station (in the PAC) the sweep at the
SOAPBOX: same time. We also had a little fun, such as a station
SOAPBOX: asking us if we had heard the VI section, and Mike, N1OKL
SOAPBOX: tells him, yeh, we just worked him on 21.310 about
SOAPBOX: 5 minutes ago. We all lost it, when we told Mike he called us
SOAPBOX: to look at the frequency we were on, yep, 21.310,
SOAPBOX: our RUN frequency. All told, the bands went in the tank for us
SOAPBOX: at about 4:30 AM. Conditions really degraded, but we had
SOAPBOX: fun anyway. Wait till next year, 73 de K2NNY