[3830] SS SSB VE6EX Single Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SS SSB VE6EX Single Op QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 19:33:05 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: VE6EX
Operator(s): VE6EX
Station: VE6EX

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: Calgary
Operating Time (hrs): 20

------------
  160:
   80:   29
   40:   36
   20:  224
   15:  276
   10:   12
------------

Club: ALBERTA CLIPPERS

Comments:

Hi All:
   Well we certainly can't complain about the condx compared to last years ssb
weekend. Ten was a nonevent right from the start tho'. I thought I could feel
hundreds of contesters leaving 10 all at the same time about ten minutes after
the start!!(me too). Once again I collected bigtime from the packet spots; not
like I did on cw, but looking back after the event four well spaced spots when I
was on 14,347 were well appreciated and harvested. I LOVE packet even if I never
use it!! My very sincere thanks to the spotters!! I literally collected from
that from the first spot till the band closed Sunday afternoon/evening.
   I missed but tried all the missing 6 sec's for the sweep but I guess it goes
with the 5w limitation. Missed SK, QC, NL, MAR, SC, and WMA. They may have all
heard me, but too weak, or could'nt be bothered.
   Congrats go out to Rich in PR, our first Q' together on 10. You did'nt break
your record, but I'm sure they'll all whine/winge for a month or two as usual.
73's and on to the next one.
      ***VE6EX is SO one Radio, one frequency***
   Details are:: 5w max (I don't even think about LP on Grey Cup weekend) into 2
el on 20, 2el on 15 and 5 el on 10, wires for 40 and 80 at 60'. All city lot
kind of stuff with a good pinch of swr and lots of noise to keep me scratching.
As ever, PERFECT TRLOG; is there anything else??
   Cheers,
   Dan, Nancy and the KIDS,  VE6EX..