[3830] Re: 3830 CQWW CW 2004

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] Re: 3830 CQWW CW 2004
From: ALANNOTTAGE@aol.com
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 07:26:48 EST
In a message to 3830@contesting.com, VO1HE writes:

> It worked quite nicely but really needs a CW filter.

Know what u mean Paul hi!  I remember trying to work AH2R in the same event a
few years back and it never happened for that very reason!

I can recommend the Inrad 400Hz job hr.  Great shape factor - the IF shift
needs a slow motion drive after fitting!  The 250 would be better for just S&P
but doesn't have quite as good SF.  The 400 is ideal for running as many people
can't/don't 'net' real good these days!!  Either way, they'd beat the
optional 500hz 'You-Say' one!  Worth the money if ur into CW...

73 Al G0XBV

P.S  Wish I could've had a look around the place en route to Halifax Paul.
Just able to sniff the air from the cabin door whilst on the tarmac for about
1/2 an hour or so :>(