[3830] CQWW CW W2LC SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w2lc@ix.netcom.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW W2LC SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 11:44:31 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: W2LC
Operator(s): W2LC
Station: W2LC

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: WNY
Operating Time (hrs): 36

  160:   21     6        9
   80:  235    17       64
   40:  328    25       90
   20:  550    33      100
   15:  427    26      101
   10:   86    19       44
------------------------------

Club: RDXA

Comments:

SO single radio, sleep enhanced. i.e. I'm out of shape and just can't cut it
anymore, so I operate as much as possible.

Antennas:
160m     Shunt fed 76 ft tower, 60  100-150ft radials
80m      4-wire cage dipole at 70 feet, plus shunt fed tower
40m      2 ele at 77 ft, a PRO-67 is the yagi at 77 ft
20m      3 stack of multibanders, 77/50/37 ft, plus dipole fixed to SA at 63ft
15m      3 stack of multibanders, 77/50/37 ft, plus dipole fixed to SA at 63ft
10m      3 stack of multibanders, 77/50/37 ft, plus dipole fixed to SA at 63ft

I phase the top and bottom yagi at 37ft to EU, top and second yagi at 50ft to
AS, sometimes I phase all three together, when EU and AS are coming in at the
same time.

Couldn't get much going run wise.  I did have a couple 100+ hours on 20 meters.
The 80m shunt feed for my tower didn't pan out very well.  It loads fine, but
the cage dipole I have at 70 feet worked as good or better all of the time.

I've got to go back to two radios.  Using one radio and having to S&P a lot
doesn't help the QSO total.  I am disappointed in the QSO total, but pretty
happy with the multiplier total.

40 meters, which is usually an excellent band for me didn't produce many QOSs.
I usually have some of my best rates on 40m.

A good contest overall though.  See you all in the 160m contest !

73 Scott W2LC