[3830] CQWW CW VE7IN SOSB/15 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW VE7IN SOSB/15 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 15:19:47 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: VE7IN
Operator(s): VE7IN
Station: VE7IN

Class: SOSB/15 LP
QTH: BC
Operating Time (hrs): 19

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:  360    24       46
   10:
------------------------------

Club: British Columbia DX Club

Comments:

Mostly an S & P effort except a few goes at running.

Discovered at the beginning of the contest my 80 meter dipole works ok on 15 and
HC8N hears well(forgot to put the Top Ten switch back to auto after checking
WWV).

Some observations for Friday night (not repeated on Saturday night). Band
suddenly dropped at about 0150Z thought "oh oh end of the band now" hung a round
and the band came back up for awhile at about 0220Z. Around about 0310Z the band
was showing signs of closing for me, as I tuned looking for anything to the NW
and the Pacific I heard K9NS off the back " a little strange at this time of the
evening". I turned the beam to the East and sure enough heard 4 of the MM's, I
had already worked K9NS earlier so then worked W0AIH, K3LR and W3LPL, no other's
heard of the 4 of them toss up was between K9NS and W0AIH as to who was loudest,
K9NS only one I heard off the back of the beam ( a 4 elemnet yagi at 45 feet
side mounted).

I truly need to get the one-cell decoding system working better here.:)

Thanks all for the Q's.

73

Earl VE7IN