[3830] CQWW CW W6YI M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n6mj@adelphia.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW W6YI M/2 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 18:11:24 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: W6YI
Operator(s): W6YI, N6MJ, N6AW, K6AM, N6KI, W6HT
Station: W6YI

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:   30    12       16
   80:  245    27       56
   40: 1180    38      125
   20:  661    39      131
   15:  702    35      113
   10:  321    30       66
------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

This was the first multi op from W6YI's QTH.  We had a few visits from murphy,
but nothing that couldnt be taken care of.  We had a great time as conditions
were overall better than expected for this part of the cycle.  15m was
disappointing with the lack of EU, and we only worked 4 EU on 10m.  But we had
good openings to JA all 3 days on 10 and 15.  40m more than made up for the lost
q's on 10 and 15.  We had an amazing run of EU on 40m LP in the morning.  I
worked almost 100 EU in an hour.. I have never heard anything like it.  If
anyone could comment on our LP signal compared to other west coasters, it would
be greatly appreciated.

Thanks to Jim, W6YI, for being such a great host.  You will be hearing this
callsign in the pileups for some time to come, so you better get used to it.

73, Dan N6MJ