[3830] CQWW CW 6W1RW(F6BEE) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, f6bee@aol.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW 6W1RW(F6BEE) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2004 06:12:04 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: 6W1RW
Operator(s): F6BEE
Station: 6W1RW

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Senegal
Operating Time (hrs): 45

  160:   10     5        9
   80:   80    11       38
   40:  441    24       71
   20: 1130    30       95
   15: 1523    33      108
   10: 1132    28       91
------------------------------

Club: LNDX

Comments:

Station: FT-1000MP/Alpha 99
Antennas: 20/15/10 = A3S 3 el. tribander @10m, 160/80/40 = ground mounted HF2V,
160m dipole with apex @10m.
Power by 6 kW diesel generator,
Logging software: Excellent Win-Test

This was almost a (sand) field-day style of operation, with no antenna on site
on monday. I couln't really test the antennas before the contest (waiting for
the generator delivery on friday PM) but the new HF2V never tuned as I was used
to with the old one. I suspect the radial system was not good. I could hear very
well on low bands and too many Eu and Caribeans stations I called on 160 and 80
would have loved to log 6W for a new multiplier!
Huge pile-ups on high bands, especially 15m on sunday, and working split would
have helped the rate but it's not easy in the CQ WW. Sorry to have missed many
callers. I also have to get used to unusual openings. Great propagation from
there.
 Great contest as usual and for sure we will come back to 6W for next ones with
better and bigger antennas (I can hardly do smaller and all the hardware is
already in the country).
QSL for 6W1RW to F6BEE (via F bureau or direct).
Thanks to 6W7RP and 6W1HM for local support and to F5VHJ/6W1RY for the loan of
equipment.