[3830] ARRL 160 VE6EX Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 VE6EX Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2004 12:34:00 -0800
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: VE6EX
Operator(s): VE6EX
Station: VE6EX

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Calgary
Operating Time (hrs): 26+

Total:  QSOs = 493  Sections = 70  Countries = 1  Total Score = 66,699

Club: ALBERTA CLIPPERS

Comments:

Hi:
   Well that sure was a grinder was'nt it. There were at least 4/5 stns in
Calgary alone( The Calgary Dx Club VE6AO the loudest by far) on so the AB mult
should have been pretty easy. I certainly tried for the toughies with my best
considering the constant usual city S9 + noise.
   Best/only dx , Ja for one qso, a few other wispers but that was it. TRLOG
sez' ~26 hrs, but I'm sure many more spent sticking it out waiting and tuning in
the noise.
   ***VE6EX*** is
    Kenwood Ts950sdx runner, Ts940 backup in waiting on my shunt fed 60' tower
with radials and the latest form (this weeks)of multi sec ant VE6EX tuner to
help out with the intermods/ broadcast qrn. TRLOG did all the bookwork as ever
to the best.
   73's and see you all for 10m.  Tnx for the spots and QSO's, muchly
appreciated.
   Dan, Nancy and the KIDS, VE6EX..