[3830] CQWW CW K5NA SOAB(A) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW K5NA SOAB(A) HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 06:41:22 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: K5NA
Operator(s): K5NA
Station: K5NA

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: Manor, Texas
Operating Time (hrs): 45

  160:   36    12       23
   80:  125    25       84
   40:  287    37      126
   20:  240    40      127
   15:  456    33      123
   10:  196    28       79
------------------------------

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

I decided that I would go into this contest as a DXer instead of as a Contester.
This is partly because there was no serious push to build score for the local
club and partly because I really enjoy DXing.

My goal was to see how many mults I could get and if I could stay in the
operating chair for the full 48 hours again. I was in the chair for at least 47
hours because I only left for bathroom breaks and a shower on Saturday. I listed
45 hours as my operating time because I did take a 2 hour nap in the operating
chair with my headphones on and with the volume turned up. The turned up volume
acts as my alarm clock. Actually, my rate sheet shows only one hour of the 48
without a QSO and that was while I was napping in the chair.

Conditions on 40M and 80M were very, very good. My 84 countries on 80M is a
personal high for me when doing an all-band contest. I mostly chased spots and
when it would get slow and I would get bored, I would run for a little while. I
avoided running on those bands where it might be stressful, like a crowded
20M/15M and a noisy 40M.

This wasn't my best SO(A) score in the CQWW CW, but it was a lot of fun and I
worked some good stuff at interesting times and paths. Maybe next year I will
try for acore again if the local club pushes for it.

73, Richard