[3830] ARRL 10 VO1HE SO Mixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, vo1he@rac.ca
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 VO1HE SO Mixed LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2004 12:31:43 -0800
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: VO1HE
Operator(s): VO1HE
Station: VO1HE

Class: SO Mixed LP
QTH: St. John's, NL
Operating Time (hrs): 2

   CW:   7      6
  SSB:  82     25
-------------------
Total:  89     31  Total Score = 5,952

Club: East Coast Canada Contest Club

Comments:

Conditions not too good on 10 from these parts. Had a couple mediocre openings
but had to miss one due to other commitments on Sunday. Ended up operating from
VO1AA for the Marconi Special event with the group from SONRA.

I was using N1MM Logger v185. Great program but I found that it had been updated
to show Newfoundland Section as NL whereas many of the old programs are showing
us as NF section. I started out by giving the report as from NL but that seemed
to confuse several stations I worked. I checked the official rules on the ARRL
website and saw that we are still shown as NF, despite having been updated for
other contests, so I went with NF from then on. Oh well, the 10 or so contacts I
made using NL probably made the correction (I hope).

I seemed to have a pipeline into Florida and the other SE states, and the
Carribean/South America. Never heard much from west of the Mississippi or
anything from Europe.

Anyway, thanks to all who called and be listening for VO1RAC during the RAC
Winter Contest next weekend. We'll be on from historic Admiralty House in Mt.
Pearl, NL.

73 -- Paul VO1HE