[3830] ARRL 10 KI5DR SO Mixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, spederson@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 KI5DR SO Mixed LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2004 19:22:18 -0800
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: KI5DR
Operator(s): KI5DR
Station: KI5DR

Class: SO Mixed LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 3.5

   CW:  11      8
  SSB:  35     20
-------------------
Total:  46     28  Total Score = 3,192

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Too many commitments to operate full time this year (Darn, it's my favorite
contest!).

However, spent Friday night putting up my vertical (18' fiberglass stick, base
is 6ft off ground) in the back yard and running some coax.  Pulled the IC-706
out of my bag (first time for it to be on the air since Texas QSO Party!).

I started out 100% S&P operating SSB only, but late Saturday there was an
opening to the Black Hole, and I felt confident enough to skim through the CW
bands after trying out MorseRunner.  No keying circuits, no rig control, no
packet, just a nice simple Bencher at 22wpm.  A few months of practicing with
this, and lookout world!

Best time was working VK on Saturday afternoon. No Asia or EU, but plenty of
Central / South America.

Happy Holidays!
 - DR -