[3830] ARRL 10 KR1ST SO SSB QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kr1st@amsat.org
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 KR1ST SO SSB QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 17:17:21 -0800
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: KR1ST
Operator(s): KR1ST
Station: KR1ST

Class: SO SSB QRP
QTH: Ladson, SC
Operating Time (hrs):

   CW:
  SSB:  184    65
-------------------
Total:  184    65  Total Score = 23,920

Club:

Comments:

Rig:      FT-897
Power:    5 Watts
Antennas: window line fed 20 and 40m wire dipoles, and a 10 meter
vertical resononant feedline dipole (RFD), all supported by living wood.

I'm going to QSL the spark gap transmissions by the power company. The
line noise was at an incredible S9 level throughout the contest.
( http://www.kr1st.com/ft897nb.htm )

The great opening to Europe happened while I was taking a bathroom
break, right?

I only worked a dozen or so European and African stations this time
around. It was nice to be able to work 5U7JB and ZL1V under these far
from ideal conditions. To LU, PY, CE and CX stations: how come you guys
can hear my SSB QRP signal on a virtually dead band late Sunday
afternoon, while your HP station registers an S-nothing on my rig?
That's just awesome!

As always, everyone's receiving capabilities are greatly appreciated!

73,
--Alex KR1ST
http://www.kr1st.com