[3830] RAC Winter VA3KA SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, va3ka@rac.ca
Subject: [3830] RAC Winter VA3KA SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2004 12:02:16 -0800
                    RAC Winter Contest

Call: VA3KA
Operator(s): VA3KA
Station: VA3KA

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Carp, ON
Operating Time (hrs): 13

  160:    8     65       2         6
   80:   44     94       9        10
   40:   37     62       9        10
   20:   41    121       6         9
   15:   18    179       5         8
   10:    1      1       1         1
    6:    0      0       0         0
    2:    0      2       0         1
Total:  148    524      32        45  Total Score = 362,978

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

Did not know if I was going to be able to participate until about 15 minutes
before the start! Developed some "new" problems with RF getting into my audio
that I never had before, but I think it was connected to my external voice
keyer. Thanks to those that pointed out the audio problem!

Had a lot of fun, even though the band conditions were not the greatest. Only 2
10M QSO's (thanks to VE3RM). Nice opening on 15M on Sunday and it was fun
running Europe (lots of s/n 001) and a string of Africans (5U, 6W, ZS, 3V8, 5H,
EA8) and a lone Pacific station (FO). Never heard any VY0, VE8 or VY1 but I am
sure there were some about.

Should have spent more time on CW! That would have really helped my score. My
shack is in a state of tear down getting ready for a major rebuild, and no CW
interface (my shack is not well suited for CW contesting, clumsy set up - that
will be remidied!).

Thanks for all the QSO's .

Season's Greeting to all.