[3830] TBDC N2NT Single Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n2nt@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] TBDC N2NT Single Op QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2004 14:36:56 -0800
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: N2NT
Operator(s): N2NT
Station: N2NT

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: NJ
Operating Time (hrs): 9

Total:  QSOs = 184  Total Score = 1,904

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

I have a new appreciation for the regular QRP gang like KR2Q, N9NE, WA4PGM
etc.
And congrats to KS0T on a great score. Learned real fast not to call anyone who
was not at least 4 s-units over the noise!

It was fun to see who could hear and who could not. Even with a good antenna on
topband (4sq of inv L's) it was tough to work past 1500 miles. I heard at least
200 more stations than I could work :>)

Did manage to work a few EU stations after trying for hours. Only one who could
hear me early was G3BJ, congrats on great ears. Had much better luck at eu
sunrise, and snagged LY3UM, SO2R, SN7Q, DJ0MDR, UA2FF, OK1DX, and DK2FG. Great
ears to all those stations. Thanks to MDR who really struggled to get my grid.
Also worked PJ2/WB9Z finally after many tries, thanks Jerry. KV4FZ, no luck with
Herbie who was 20 over 9 here all night.
Condx to eu were pretty good, kinda wanted to turn the power up a few times, but
didn't give in. Felt bad for K9DX, I heard lots of eu calling him that he missed
with line noise. They of course couldn't hear me though.

No west coast, called N6RO and K7RAT for a long time with not even a ?...
The RAT wanted me to mention that. K7CA answered CQ, who I think was QRP. Right
at the noise, so amazed he could hear me.

Finally gave up at 3:30AM and went to bed. Slept thru sunrise, probably could
have worked some 6's or 7's then.
Still had fun, but next 160 test the amp will be on. I think I've had enough of
this qrp stuff.

73, Andy N2NT