[3830] NAQP CW K6VVA(@N6IJ) Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, dx35@hilding.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW K6VVA(@N6IJ) Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2005 23:50:28 -0800
                    North American QSO Party, CW

Call: K6VVA
Operator(s): K6VVA
Station: N6IJ

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 10

  160:   38    13
   80:  117    37
   40:  158    47
   20:  130    42
   15:  150    45
   10:  176    42
-------------------
Total:  769   226  Total Score = 173,568

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Team: NCCC #4

Comments:

My TXRX & N6IJ Antennas: TS-480S, PRO67-C @60ft, 80m Inv vee @55ft, 160m SkyLoop
@55ft.

On skimpy sleep, I took my TS-480S, paddles & phones down to the N6IJ club
station and got hooked up to the antennas one minute after the contest started.
I also left the RS-232 cable at home so no rig control, since I  packed quickly
with no checklist just before leaving (late).  Shame on me ;-(

AA6EG was doing other stuff at the station, so we had pizza dinner together
during one of my official breaks (love those Pizza delivery vans).  Lost an hour
of QSOs due to my numerous un-official smoke breaks outside the front door.
Unusual to have intermittent powerline QRN at N6IJ but it was there.

I simply could not resist adding something to the QSO with K0CAT ("Kitty").
Yup, I most certainly did send "Meow" :-)

What a fun contest & nice a nice personal touch to exchange operator names
instead of serial numbers and bogus RST reports.