[3830] NAQP CW W6YI(N6MJ) Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n6mj@adelphia.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW W6YI(N6MJ) Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2005 10:55:33 -0800
                    North American QSO Party, CW

Call: W6YI
Operator(s): N6MJ
Station: W6YI

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 10
Radios: SO2R

  160:   78    29
   80:  206    53
   40:  306    58
   20:  240    56
   15:  222    52
   10:  197    48
-------------------
Total: 1249   296  Total Score = 369,704

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Team: SCCC #1

Comments:

10m: 6el @100ft     Radio 1: FT1000MPMKV
15m: 6el @105ft     Radio 2: FT1000MPMKV
20m: 6el @155ft
40m: 4el @165ft

As you can see, the antennas are a little bit high for a domestic contest, but
they actually worked out ok.  Thanks a million to Jim, W6YI for putting up with
me for the weekend.  Also, big thanks to K6AM for fixing my bandpass filter
before the contest.  I couldnt have done so2r without them.

The conditions overall were better than expected.  10m was a nice surprise, as
was 80m.  160m was in good shape, but it was very noisy.  I got off to a poor
start with a 137 1st hour (last year I had 184) but things picked up nicely
after that. Thanks for all the QSY's.  See you next weekend from W6YI.

73, Dan N6MJ

and congrats to KL9A for an outstanding effort @ NK7U.