[3830] RTTY Roundup N5TW M/S LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kc5ykx@swbell.net
Subject: [3830] RTTY Roundup N5TW M/S LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 07:48:07 -0800
                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: N5TW
Operator(s): KC5YKX, NA5TR, N5TW
Station: N5TW

Class: M/S LP
QTH: Team Sloth HQ, TX
Operating Time (hrs): 23.5

------------
   80:   68
   40:  237
   20:  363
   15:  249
   10:   14
------------
Total:  931  State/Prov = 56  Countries = 40  Total Score = 89,376

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

What a fun contest. I am really hooked on this RTTY stuff and now I hope another
is hooked. NA5TR, Rusty Hill (Yet another Hill in 5 land that is on RTTY) came
in from Tomball, TX to op with Team Sloth at N5TW this weekend. Rusty had never
been on RTTY so the whole thing was new to him. After a tour of N5TW and an
overview of how Writelog works we where off and going. It did not take Rusty
long to catch on and he was off running and S&Ping on his own. Rusty put in alot
of chair time and to this I am thankful because I was coming down with a cold
and it was making life a little rough. Tom did his usall best with propagation
advice and other staion functions.

Now on to the conditions. I was hopeful going in that 15M would be good to EU
and JA but that was not the case for us in central Texas, at least at Tom's. We
got some mults but rate was not there. Stateside it was better and we pulled
many W/VE mults there along with rate. 20M was good for W/Ve as well but no EU
rate there either. So there is 40M, got to be some EU rate there right? NOPE,
worked some stations but as many as I would have thought. JAs where there but
not enough to bump the meter. Did not have a problem with CW guys as we stayed
above 7050 while running to give em space. 80M was 80M, what can you say.
Conditions where disturbed with and A of 40 Saturday dropping to 20 Sunday so
that played a part in things from here.

Looks like the CARIB stations had it going on this weeked with great QSO
numbers. Particapation was up for sure from the W/VE area. We worked about 20
more people this weekend than last year with 12 less mults. 91% of out QSO total
was W/VE so lots of folks on just not alot of DX. We missed ND for WAS on RTTY.
Made WAS last year with VT holding out til the end but no ND called us and all
spots led to other places.

The staion played well again. Putting the Orion in FSK made a big difference in
filters and that thing has a rock solid frontend. WOW. We did have a problem
with MMTTY in Writelog freezing and having to switch to RTTYRite on the fly, so
sorry to those left hanging while we switched. I do not know if it is something
to do with the installation or the PII it is on or both but we will have it
fixed for next time I hope.

Thanks to everyone for the Qs and I will see you all for XE and WPX next month
from the Gulf Coast at home. And a BIG thanks to Tom and Judy for hosting us, FB
visit as always and to Rusty, NA5TR, for being part of Team Sloth this year.

73
Reid
KC5YKX