[3830] NAQP SSB KB9OWD(@W9BCV) Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ryantiff@charter.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB KB9OWD(@W9BCV) Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2005 22:08:17 -0800
                    North American QSO Party, SSB

Call: KB9OWD
Operator(s): KB9OWD
Station: W9BCV

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: WI
Operating Time (hrs): 10

  160:   99    34
   80:   83    38
   40:  227    47
   20:  198    40
   15:   68    14
   10:   29     6
-------------------
Total:  704   179  Total Score = 126,016

Club:

Team:

Comments:

My best effort thus far in the NAQP!  10 and 15 didn't open as well as I had
thought they were going to here early in the contest.  Managed minimal results
on both with a TH7 at 50'.

Went to 20 a little earlier than planned after S & P early on for mults.  Flare
didn't help matter there, but put together a couple nice runs over an hour or
so.  Forty was by far the best band here as everyone that called seemed loud.
Went down early and established a good run right off the bat and had a 126 hour
my first hour on 7230 which was alot of fun.

Being only general class yet, I was limited to above 3850 on 80 meters which
always hurts, but did manage to find some stations and mults there with a few
short lived runs.

160 was a very nice suprise and I got out very well.  Did not even try 160 in
the August SSB as I heard nothing with the noise.  Was happy to put 99 in the
log on 160 with minimal effort required.

Thanks as always to Duane, W9BCV for allowing me to use the shack and get a
signal on the air.  The TH7 along with good TX and RX antennas on 40 80 and 160
help!!!  His hospitality is always great and I truly appreciate it.

See you all in ARRL CW and probably from W0AIH in ARRL SSB!

73,

Ryan KB9OWD