[3830] NAQP SSB VE3RCN Single Op HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB VE3RCN Single Op HP
From: "clements" <ve7cyt@sprint.ca>
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2005 09:49:14 -0500 (Eastern Standard Time)
OOPPS! That should be a LP entry. I thought it defaulted to LP. Sorry.

                  North American QSO Party, SSB

Call: VE3RCN
Operator(s): VE3RCN
Station: VE3RCN

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Kingston Ontario
Operating Time (hrs): 7

  160:   41    18
   80:   39    23
   40:   43    23
   20:   60    29
   15:   38    12
   10:   20     9
-------------------
Total:  241   114  Total Score = 27,474

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Team: CCO #1

Comments:

A fun contest. The biggest laugh I had was when I was making a call and my
daughter came up behind me and asked me a question. The other station asked
the
YL to stand by as he worked me. The qso was made, and the other station
asked
for the YL. I was still on freq..and after a few seconds, I let the other
station know that I thought it was my daughter that he had heard. We both
had a
good laugh, as he was operating under the same conditions in the family's
recreation room with his kids.
  Didnt hear any Ontario stations until the 6th hour of operations. Only
worked
PEI, QC, On and SK for Canada. Worked Puerto Rico on 10m and 160m. (160m
antenna
ranges from 24 feet to 35 feet above the ground.
  Couldnt have put in 7 hours without the support of the XYL.