[3830] NAQP SSB K6IF Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, dan@andlev.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB K6IF Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 10:39:14 -0800
                    North American QSO Party, SSB

Call: K6IF
Operator(s): K6IF
Station: K6IF

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Boonville, CA
Operating Time (hrs): 10:00
Radios: SO2R

  160:   30    11
   80:  133    36
   40:  186    50
   20:  242    48
   15:  249    50
   10:  261    42
-------------------
Total: 1101   237  Total Score = 260,937

Club:

Team:

Comments:

Last minute decision to play seriously - I hadn't even realized that the contest
was this weekend until Thursday night, and didn't decide to do the whole thing
until 2 hours in on Saturday.  Conditions on 10 meters won me over!  Amazingly,
with no prep at all, the station played well.  Prior commitments to my family
caused me to take offtime at very bad moments - which clearly hurt my 20 meter
score.  Of course, missing VE4VV and VE5ZX on 20 hurt too!

I worked zero NM stations, and only worked HI on 80 meters of all places.

I'm not a big 160 op, but I've never heard conditions like this before.  Lots of
guys way back east were loud here, especially NA4W and N5AN (who couldn't hear
me) and K9NS (who did, and worked me on 6 bands).

Thanks to all for the moves, and my apologies to VA1CHP who I tried, in a moment
of insanity, to move to 14.355 :-)  I just kept moving up the band looking for a
clear frequency that was a round number - and that was the first one that I came
to!

Congrats to all the 1400+ QSO guys - great job!