[3830] ARRL Jan VHF W1NN/8 Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, hal@japancorporateresearch.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL Jan VHF W1NN/8 Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 04:50:52 -0800

  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  38     19  Total Score = 817

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Thanks to K8MR for lending me his rover antennas so that I could try out this
contest from my apartment.  Cold WX, snow and wind made antenna work on my
balcony a little challenging, but my apt is on the top floor and the apt
building is up high so I seemed to get out pretty well.

This was the first VHF contest I've done outside of roving with K8MR last
September.  I was limited by only being able to use one antenna at a time, by
not being able to rotate my antennas easily, and by not being familiar with the
tricks that go into VHF contesting, but while there are moments of interest,
there is simply not enough activity to put this contest very high on my list of
preferred events.  First impression, anyhow.  It could be really fun if it had
the same level of interest as the HF SS.

The highlight was the nice opening to Florida at the end of the contest.

73, Hal W1NN/8