[3830] ARRL Jan VHF K8MR Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL Jan VHF K8MR Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 18:52:27 -0800

  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  191    80  Total Score = 20,000

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Yes, the conditions were terrible on Saturday, partly propagation and partly
snow caused line noise from all directions.  Sunday was just flat, and most but
not all the noise cleared up.  It seemed there was more RF garbage on the bands,
in particular 2M, than in previous times.

The weather must have frozen the Canadians, as I only worked 3 guys for 4 total
qsos.  Usually about 10% of my contacts come from across the ponds.

On the good side, there was a nice 30 minute six meter opening to Florida at
0200z Sunday, good for about 15 qsos in 7 grids.  And I finally got 1296
working, sort of, with 3 qsos over a maximum distance of 30 miles.  I did hear
K8MD and N2PA, very weak, but my 2 watts into 150 feet of feedline just did not
make it to them.

73  -  Jim   K8MR