[3830] UKDX RTTY K4GMH Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k4gmh@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] UKDX RTTY K4GMH Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2005 08:19:24 -0800
                    UK DX Contest, RTTY

Call: K4GMH
Operator(s): K4GMH
Station: K4GMH

Class: Single Op HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

   80:   80         12
   40:   31         16
   20:   97         34
   15:   69         28
   10:    0
------------------------
Total:  277  627    90  Total Score = 56,430

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Thanks to the committee for putting on the Contest and now has to do all the log
checking, etc.  Thanks also to all who were kind enough to contact me in the
Contest.

Conditions were better than last week.  The wx conditions were about the same -
snow and sleet on Sat. evening (LT).  I am sorry if I could not copy some
stations, but a better receiver - as one person suggested - would not have
helped.  Possibly a quad loop to reduce (eliminate?) the precipitation static
might have helped on 40 meters more than a "better" receiver.  On 80 meters, the
NE Beverage was a big help with stations off its favorable end.  Still need to
get the West Beverage reinstalled as several stations to the West were difficult
to copy due to the noise.