[3830] CQ160 CW K8LV Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW K8LV Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 09:08:51 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: K8LV
Operator(s): K8LV
Station: K8LV

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: MI
Operating Time (hrs): 22

Total:  QSOs = 665  State/Prov = 57  Countries = 21  Total Score = 131,820

Club:

Comments:

Lots of new gear in the shack this year. So what goes wrong, but a spectacular
light show from a 40 year old HV power transformer in the amp, 3 hrs into the
contest. Fortunately, I had an old power supply collecting dust which was
quickly wired into the amp, and back to 5A. into the feedline with less than 30
minutes down time.

I sure wish that some way could be found to equalize the enormous geographic
biases of this contest. With those near the salt water working hundreds of JA's
or EU's, all we can do here in the midwest is hold our own informal competition.
But all complaining aside, it is really a buzz to hear and participate in the
two nights of party-time, LF style. Thanks to all, and to all those with the
belly-fulls of JA/EU, I feel your pleasure!

73
Eric von Valtier K8LV