[3830] CQ160 CW DL8MBS Single Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW DL8MBS Single Op QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 15:08:08 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: DL8MBS
Operator(s): DL8MBS
Station: DL8MBS

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: Erfurt
Operating Time (hrs): 13

Total:  QSOs = 254  State/Prov = 0  Countries = 39  Total Score = 44,616

Club: Bavarian Contest Club

Comments:

Having no permanent antenna I strung 50 m wire in Inverted-L-shape across the
backyard. The fresh snow allowed to "bury" some radials even at places where
wires at other times only serves as traps... QRP ist a tough test for an antenna
and with only 3 DX QSOs and a good dose of "cq in the face" I´m neither
enthusiastic or disapppointed.
Highlights were operators like UA3MIF or CT1FJK with outstanding patience for a
qrp-signal. On the other hand qrp is helpful in learning not to give any bit of
exchange before the cqing station gets my callsign right. After correcting the
busted call together with the exchange I heard quite a few "confirmations" of
the kind "TU CQ de XY1XYZ". Calling some of the them later again I learnt from
some "qso b4", others logging me (again or for the first time, who knows). Can´t
await the UBN-report...

Rig: IC 718 - reduced to 5 W out
Ant: 50 m endfed wire in invertetd L shape (12 m vertical) and about 200 m
"radials"

73, Chris