[3830] CQ160 CW N1LN Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n1ln@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW N1LN Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 18:37:12 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: N1LN
Operator(s): NO5W, N1LN
Station: N1LN

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: Texas
Operating Time (hrs): 26

Total:  QSOs = 1114  State/Prov = 58  Countries = 37  Total Score = 283,670

Club: Pesky Texan Contesters

Comments:

This was once again a fun contest.  I did have my doubts when I got on
Thursday evening only to hear S9+5 static crashes.  Fortunately the storm
moved on by Friday and conditions were great.

Friday night was MUCH better than Saturday for working EU.   I have the
feeling we were heard by more stations than we could hear, so I apologize
if you called us and we did not respond.  Something about this area of south
Texas.

Knowing that south Texas is not exactly the prime location for a 160 contest,
we did not try to beat anybody but our own previous finishes. So, we set our
goals to beat our 2004 score (Q count and mults) and also try to hit the 1200
Q total.   Well, we may have missed the 1200 Q target but we did beat all of
last years totals.

Reading through other postings I was pleased to read many people mentioning
key clicks.  I am running a FT1000-MP "WITH" the mod installed and I would
like to think that if I had clicks someone would tell me.  Not being sure if
everyone shares that same "let me know" attitude I won't offer full calls
but W8xx, N7xx, N5xx, KU1xx, AA0xx and the winner N4xx sure had LOTS
OF CLICKS. If you think these are your calls and you want to know.... send
me an email.

We ended up missing ND, LB, NWT, YT and NU for a section sweep.   Imagine
26 hrs of operating and no Qs with North Dakota.  Oh well, we did much better
with DX than we anticipated.   Thanks to all that worked us and to those that
were kind enough to give us repeats so we could complete the contact.

73 until next time,
N1LN, Bruce & NO5W, Chuck

Hour      160    Total     Cumm

D1-0000Z 116/38  116/38    116/38