[3830] XE RTTY AA5AU SO2R HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, aa5au@bellsouth.net
Subject: [3830] XE RTTY AA5AU SO2R HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2005 09:26:48 -0800
                    Mexico RTTY International Contest

Call: AA5AU
Operator(s): AA5AU
Station: AA5AU

Class: SO2R HP
QTH: LA
Operating Time (hrs): 16.5
Radios: SO2R

   80:  106   241    16
   40:  173   444     4
   20:  258   670    52
   15:  180   511    41
   10:    1     2     1
-------------------------
Total:  718  1868   154  Total Score = 287,672

Club:

Comments:

Got a 3 hour late start but this contest turned out to be a lot of fun when the
A and K went to 1.

Great opening to EU on 15 on Sunday.  But once the sun went down over EU, the
band died a quick death.  Lots of EU on 40 & 80 meters.

Nothing on ten but I did move W5ZPA there.

Lots of notable contacts, HZ1IK & A45WD calling me on 15 was nice.  Working
VK6HD long path on 40.  Working YB0DPO on 40 early Sunday morning.  Lots of XE
stations.  Z41RO wherever that is?  JA's on 15 (no JA on 20 though).  UP6P
called me on 40 at his sunrise.  ZS2BWB called me on 40 too.  Where were the
ZL's?  Loads of fun!

Finally figured out the Twin Peak Tuning in the PRO III.  Trick is to turn it on
and back the RF gain all the back until is shows about 10db over S-9.  Was able
to work extremely weak EU stations on 15 and 20 meters this way and left both
radios like this for the last 4 hours it was so good.  I think this just might
be the icing on the PRO III cake.

Hope we can have similiar condx for WPX next weekend but that might be too much
to ask.

73 & more later when I release AA5AU notes on this contest on rttycontesting.com
later in the week.

Don AA5AU

Station A:
Icom IC-756PRO III
Icom IC-PW1 amplifier 1000 watts
Icom PS-60 power supply
Dell 2.66 Ghz Pentium 4
WriteLog beta version 10.53D
MMTTY plug-in
DXP-38
NIR-12 DSP audio filter
Dunestar 600 band filter

Station B:
Icom IC-756PRO III
Ameritron AL-80B amplifier 600 watts
Astron PR-40 power supply
Compaq Deskpro 233 Mhz Pentium II
WriteLog beta version 10.53D
MMTTY plug-in
DXP-38
NIR-12 DSP audio filter
Dunestar 600 band filter

Antennas:
Cushcraft A3S w/40 meter add-on at 62 ft. (Yeasu G-800SDX rotor#1)
Cushcraft A3S at 55 ft. (Yaesu G-800SDX rotor #2)
80M inverted vee
Butternut HF2 vertical (40/80)

Misc:
WX0B SixPak antenna switch