[3830] NA Sprint CW W0ETT LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w0ett@msn.com
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint CW W0ETT LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2005 19:52:00 -0800
                    NA Sprint CW Contest

Call: W0ETT
Operator(s): W0ETT
Station: W0ETT

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CO
Operating Time (hrs): 4

   80:   51       1
   40:   55       1
   20:   97       2
---------------------

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Team: GMCs Gold Miners

Comments:

Another fun cw sprint!  I was disappointed in my new rig.  Had to pull out the
original IC756 from storage as the new IC756ProII receiver was overloaded by
strong sigs on 20m.  Older rig's rx did fine with the QRM.

20 and 80m band condx were good but 40m, which is usually the most productive
band was too crowded with RTTY signals!  Contest administrators need to find
another day to avoid the RTTY signals...

Glad to work a couple of GMC Gold Miners team members - KU7Z and N0SXX - in the
test.  Heard, called, but got beat out trying to work other team members W0ZP
and W0RTT.  That's why its good to start on 40m for first 5 or 10 minutes or so
at the outset of the test to work regional stations first.  Condx were good to
the east coast on 40 at beginning of test.  Also, it was nice to work former
Coloradoan Steve N2IC who had a big signal on 80m.  He must have put up and
tweaked all the antennas by now in NM.

73 Ken, W0ETT