[3830] NA Sprint CW AC5AA LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ac5aa@juno.com
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint CW AC5AA LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2005 20:07:51 -0800
                    NA Sprint CW Contest

Call: AC5AA
Operator(s): DUANE
Station: AC5AA

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: TX
Operating Time (hrs): 1.0

   80:   2      0.1
   40:  29      0.2
   20:  24      0.7
---------------------
Total:  55     Mults = 26  Total Score = 1,430

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Team: Austin Powers

Comments:

Last CW Sprint was my first, and it really fired me up.  I was looking forward
to this one, but somehow my frame of mind was not good when I started.  I was
consistenly making typo's, which would blow my concentration as I'd back up to
correct them, and then I'd have to ask for complete fill's.  That was happening
too often, and after the first 40 minutes, I just gave up rather than frustrate
myself and others any further.  In the third hour of the contest I felt like I
was more on my game, and jumped back in for another 15-20 minutes, but found the
going on 80m was just too "iffy" with low power and poor antennas.  40m was
good, but I ran out of steam.  Next time I'm going to spend the day resting
instead of playing in the WPX RTTY beforehand!