[3830] NA Sprint CW N2NL HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n2nl@n2nl.net
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint CW N2NL HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2005 20:31:49 -0800
                    NA Sprint CW Contest

Call: N2NL
Operator(s): N2NL
Station: N2NL

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: FL
Operating Time (hrs): 4

   80:    0       0
   40:  143    2:30
   20:   96    1:30
---------------------

Club: Florida Contest Group

Team: S.Sprint Coalition #1

Comments:

R-7 vertical + KW

   Plans fell through to go up to K1PT so I did this one from home.  My rig,
paddle, and keyer are all sitting on the ship in Baltimore since I was
originally supposed to be back up there this weekend.  I ended up digging out
the spare radio and an old paddle to get on from home.
   I had two problems - RF in the keying causing the radio to sometimes send
random morse garbage, and late in the contest the radio would randomly just stop
transmitting, and I would have to turn it off and back on to reset it.  These
problems cost me a few Qs and made me feel at times like an idiot.  It was nice
to just be able to get on however.  The Sprint kicks butt!

   This will likely be my last contest for a few years from Florida.  I've been
slated by the Coast Guard to transfer this summer to the San Francisco Bay area.
   I'm looking forward to operating the September sprint from NCCC territory.  I
will be there for at least two years, however I fully intend to eventually
return to Florida at some point in the future, although it might not be until I
hit the 20-year mark in the USCG (7 years from now).

429 QSOs by Tree - wow!

73, Dave N2NL/4