[3830] NA Sprint CW W6YI(N6MJ) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n6mj@adelphia.net
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint CW W6YI(N6MJ) HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2005 14:03:14 -0800
                    NA Sprint CW Contest

Call: W6YI
Operator(s): N6MJ
Station: W6YI

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 4
Radios: SO2R

   80:  104
   40:  155
   20:  124
---------------------

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Team: SCCC #1

Comments:

Thanks to Jim, W6YI for putting up with me again.  It sure is nice to be loud on
80m.  This is by far the most q's I have had in this one, but like everyone
else, the mults were lacking.  The only mults heard and missed were VT and VE7.
I heard K1KD 5 or 6 times on 40m, but we were always out of sync.  Only heard
VA7ST once, and got beat out.

Rate:  104, 100, 92, 87
Band Changes:  92

Was hoping for a better last hour, but ended up going to 80m alot earlier than
normal because the rate on 40 slowed down so much.  So the last hour was mostly
a struggle trying to find new guys to work on 40/80.

I still cant get away from sending the exchange by hand.  I had everything set
up this time so I could use the computer to send the CW, but never felt
comfortable with it so I sent about 95% of the stuff by hand.  Every time I do a
sprint I tell myself I need to practice with TR for a bit before the next
one...but i never do it.  Maybe next time I will be ready.

Congrats to Tree!  Absolutely amazing score

73, Dan N6MJ